Life seemed like a kaleidoscope to me. Everything changed and nothing made sense…but it was wonderful

lunes, 27 de octubre de 2014

Miscellaneous Monday: We're back in 1989 with Ms Taylor Swift



We can call it a comeback. After taking a two years break from music (not really 'cause she worked on her new album) Swift is back and not empty handed, she's bringing us GOOD POP, like REALLY GREAT. As always she's change, grown and written her life in songs that we can make ours, all mix with 80's sounds that blend perfectly with the 1989's concept.

The album starts with 'Welcome to New York', the track that says goodbye to Nashville's country sweetheart and hello to the new worlwide pop-star that Taylor has become. She makes us dance along to her new beat with lines like "Took our broken hearts put them in a drawer" "Searching for a sound we hadn’t heard before". This is definitely the best introducing track she could've chosen.

The second song, "Blank Space" IS INSANE. So many good lyrics in just one song, this one is probably one of the radio jams we're getting from this album. It's the perfect combination of base+lyrics+vocals, I just can't stop nodding my head to this beat, one of my favourite definitely. Please take a look at this sassy/perfect lyrics:
Got a long list of ex-lovers
They'll tell you I'm insane

Cause you know I love the players

And you love the game

Next two tracks are appearently about Harry Styles from 1D, "Style" (I mean, c'mon Tay-Tay...) and "Out of the woods". Taylor herself said that OOTW is about the breakable nature of some relationships and it's true, she got what she wanted, she made this song sound like the emotions. I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN HOW POWERFUL AND GOOD THIS SONG IS OR HOW IT MAKES ME FEEL BUT IT IS DEFINITELY A GOOD FEELING.

Then we've got the typical pop sounds with "All you had to do was stay" and the can't-stop-replaying "Shake it off" and the omg-that-melody-is-awesome "I wish you would". Three different songs about different issues, we have love and how one part of the relationship reminds the other how they should've either stayed or comeback, not throw it all away with stupid fights. AND SHAKE IT OFF IS SUUUUCH A HAPPY SONG.


Now, "Bad Blood", which I personally love, maybe because I feel very identified with the lyrics and the rythm is so cheerleader alike, making it a relatively "sad" song about a bad friendship/relationship that once was kind of perfect and full of good memories. I'm in love with the lyrics 

Band-aids don't fix bullet holes

You say sorry just to show


I'm sorry but I feel kind of weird about "Wildest Dreams" because I feel like she has listen too much Lana del Rey. Don't get me wrong, I love Lana del Rey, but I'd rather listen to Taylor not doing this music because it's hard not to compare them. And as sorry as I am to say lyrics and parts of the beat are so Lana it's uncomfortable.

Another worth mentioning song is "Clean" which reminds me of RED album vibes and I love it. Seriously this track is amazing. i was afraid the album would missed a ballad but here it is.

So without further ado, I recommend listening to this album on repeat anytime at anyday, the sooner the better. Enjoy the lyrics, the beat, the pop sounds we all need sometimes. Swift's riskiest work to date gets her rid of the image of the Taylor we all knew, giving us a new, fresh and powerful woman who knows what she wants, goes and gets it. But we don't have to go deep inside to see tha Tay-Tay will always be Tay-Tay.

PS: Not the best review to date, I kept rewritting it and this is the best version I've got.

PS2: Next post --> TOMORROW (because being the messy person I am, I didn't upload on Sunday).

PS3: Gosh two comments in the same post... THANK YOU!! Thank you for taking time and reading my shit, it is what makes me happy, it's what I love to do, so thank you so much for considering it worth your time THANK YOU!!!

♥ See you soon beautiful people ♥
Vlada

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Gracias por comentar!